Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Backyard...

Yay! I'm actually not exhausted from teaching, so I am blessing you with a second post today! Rob found a wonderful hiking path just a hop, skip, and a jump away from our apartment!

The path meanders through a pine tree forest. It smells so good. The pine trees are completely different from Canadian pines though. I will have to get a proper picture of a Korean pine tree. Next time I'll take some close ups for all ya nature lovers out there.



Here I am pointing at our apartment after hiking for awhile. We really do live in the mountains. Not near, not a 15 minute drive away, but in the mountains.

"Um, Rob, which way do you think we should go?"

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... One road takes you on a shorter hike and back to Taebaek. The other one we still don't know how far it goes. We hiked along it for awhile, but didn't make it to the end. Next weekend perhaps...

Ah, a random pile of rocks. These are everywhere in Korea, and although I do not know what they mean, I am sure they have some significance... Or, maybe a pile of rocks is just a pile of rocks....
and to end the hike on a happy note we walk past a Korean graveyard. Sweet!

1 comment:

Pilot said...

And I'm lucky if I have time to hike in MY backyard. Kudos, looks like a great time.